Gas Safety Checks If you’re a letting agent or a landlord, your property’s appliance and pipework require annual gas safety checks to ensure they are operating to a suitable standard. Here at DJay Plumbing & Heating, we can help fulfil this legal requirement by conducting a full and approved gas safety check resulting in the issue of your landlord’s gas safety certificate.
Your responsibilities as a landlord
As a landlord, you need to be aware that you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. Your legal obligations apply to a wide range of accommodation types occupied under a lease or licence, including (but not limited to):
- Residential properties provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, hostels and co-operatives.
- Rooms, let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, hotels and bed and breakfasts.
- Rented holiday accommodation such as flats, chalets and caravans.
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 outline the responsibilities of landlord to ensure gas appliances, fitting and chimneys/flues provided for tenants are safe. We can help to provide the necessary landlord gas safety certificate.
Reliable and prompt safety checks
Having the ability to call a Gas Safe registered engineer to provide safety checks on all your gas appliances quickly and thoroughly is important, especially for a landlord. Your gas safety certificate is valid for 12 months, with copies provided to the landlord, tenant and DJay Plumbing & Heating. These must be renewed annually in order to remain compliant.
The Gas Safety Certificate covers:
- Conduct a gas tightness test
- Inspect standing & working gas pressures
- Inspect burner pressure & gas rate against manufacturer’s instructions
- Check for suitable ventilation
- Test flue for removal of combustion materials
- Ensure all safety devices are working correctly
- Inspect signs of unsafe operation
- Conduct any further gas safety checks required